ABWA Girls Night Out to occur Aug. 27On Thursday, August 27, from 5-8 p.m., the American Business Women Association’s Southern Chapter will present its annual Girls Night Out event inside the Lannom Center at the Dyersburg/Dyer County...
Historical Society to meet Aug. 11, recognize ratification of 19th AmendmentThe Dyer County Historical Society will recognize the 100th anniversary of the ratification of the 19th amendment to the U.S. constitution at its August meeting on Tuesday, August 11 at 5 p.m. at the...
- County presents budget during public hearing
- DSCC welcomes students back with flexible instructional model
- Gov. Lee and Commissioner Schwinn announce additional resources to assist school reopening
- Secretary of State’s Office provides free car hangtags
- Dyer County COVID-19 update for Aug. 7
- Gray wins county commission seat, Patrick retains school board position1
- Dyer County Schools to operate under Phase 2 guidelines for Aug. 10-14
- Dyersburg State welcomes students back to the classroom this fall with flexible instructional model
- City Schools to remain in Phase 2 for Aug. 10-14
- Dyer County COVID-19 update for Aug. 6
- Dyersburg Finance Committee resumes budget discussion1
- TDH reports 256 COVID-19 recoveries for Dyer County, 316 active cases
- Dyer County School Board reviews reopening plan, eliminates Fair Day
- Lamon Records Nashville releases ‘Drive’ by local duo the Hutcheson Brothers
- Business Spotlight: Newbern Hardware, a staple of downtown Newbern2
- Dyersburg Board approves beer permit, attorney invoice
- Dyersburg falls to Louisiana to end stay in World Series1The Dyersburg National League All-Stars held a three-run lead early against the Jefferson, La. All-Stars on Tuesday morning but could not fend off a late-inning surge from the team from the bayou as the Jefferson team handed the Nationals a 4-3 loss to end their stay in the Dixie Boys World Series in Sterlington, La...
- Trio of wins keeps Dyersburg in World Series winners bracket (8/4/20)
- Local teams excited at the news of August football (7/31/20)
- Executive Order No. 55 becomes official (7/31/20)
- Well, that makes the SEC even tougher, doesn’t it (7/31/20)
- Governor's order allows students to resume contact sports (7/29/20)
- Dyersburg All-Stars prepare for trip to World Series (7/29/20)
At the Shelter (8/6/20)There are currently 62 deserving animals waiting to be adopted at the Shelter. Call the Shelter to verify whether a pet that interests you is immediately available or if it has been taken to a rescue or if it is on a hold. The Shelter staff will work with you to set an appointment time when you can come in and see how you relate to this pet...
Obituaries for Aug. 8Mr. Harold “Van” Hinson, of Friendship, Tn. passed away Wednesday, August 5, 2020 at AHC Nursing & Rehabilitation in Dyersburg, TN. He was born June 25, 1934 to the late Annie Lou & Lester Hinson. He...
Obituaries for Aug. 6Leonard Lamar Cook, Sr., 91, of Dyersburg, TN, passed away on Monday, August 3, 2020 at his daughter's residence in Oakland, TN. Leonard was born on August 13, 1928, in Gadsden, Alabama, to the late...
Obituaries for Aug. 4Ronnie Joe Evans, 70, of Newbern, Tennessee died on Saturday, August 1, 2020, at Harborview Nursing Home in Dyersburg, Tennessee. Born Monday, July 3, 1950 in Dyersburg, Tennessee, he was the son of...
Articles For SaleFS: 50 or more novel Hard back Books $25 for all.110 lb Compression Air Tank w/attachments $40. Kennedy Silver Half Dollars. Uncirculated $12 for each. Call 676-9930
Legal NoticesLegal 08-4344 INVITATION TO BID Sealed proposals will be received at the Office of the Purchasing Agent, City Hall, 425 West Court Street, Dyersburg, TN until 2:00 p.m. on 08/14/20 At which time they will be opened for the purchase of the following: Replacement of (2) HVAC Units - CID Annex Specifications are available and on file at the office of the Purchasing Agent, City Hall, 425 West Court Street, Dyersburg, TN 38024 The City of Dyersburg reserves the right to reject any and all...
EmploymentWe at Angel’s Crown Center are looking to add a stylist to our family. We have a need for a stylist that is proficient in wet sets as well as cuts, colors, and perms. Hours and service rates are flexible. Flat rate booth rental per week. For more information call 731-676-3415, 731-377-9992, 731-285-2933.
Legal NoticesLEGAL 08-4343 PROBATE COURT JASON HUDSON PROBATE JUDGE DYER COUNTY NOTICE TO CREDITORS Civil Action No. 20-PR-40 Estate of Edwin Gwin Todd Notice is hereby given July 28th, 2020 letters testamentary (or of administration as the case may be) in respect of the estate of Edwin Gwin Todd died July 4, 2020 were issued to the undersigned by the Probate Court of Dyer County, Tennessee. All persons, resident and nonresident , having claims, matured or unmatured, against the estate are...
Legal NoticesLEGAL 08-4342 PROBATE COURT JASON HUDSON PROBATE JUDGE DYER COUNTY NOTICE TO CREDITORS Civil Action No. 20-PR-39 Estate of William Anthony Serio Notice is hereby given July 28th, 2020 letters testamentary (or of administration as the case may be) in respect of the estate of William Anthony Serio died July 1, 2020 were issued to the undersigned by the Probate Court of Dyer County, Tennessee. All persons, resident and nonresident , having claims, matured or unmatured, against the...