Fowlkes residence declared total loss after fire eruptsAt approximately 3:30 p.m. Thursday evening, firefighters from both Fowlkes and Bonicord volunteer stations responded to a house fire occurring at 90 Fowlkes St. According to Dyer County Fire Chief...
Dot makes donation to Kiwanis Goodfellows, more funds neededKiwanis is still $7,000 short of covering the cost for this project, so it's not too late to make a donation.
- Trimble Fire Dept. hosts BBQ fundraiser
- Community service, education top Master Gardeners accomplishments for 2017
- DPD responds to shots fired on Wilson Circle
- DPD seeks info on Wednesday morning shooting
- Newbern officers arrest man wanted on charges in four counties
- Dyersburg Police respond to shots fired over weekend, seek info
- Dyersburg State honors 60th nursing class
- DES Power Board discusses new phone system in operation
- Snowfall leaves schools, gym empty
- DMS heads to Medina for Blue Suede tourney this weekendAfter a week which saw the final two games of its regular season wiped out when winter weather made its way into the area, Dyersburg Middle School’s basketball teams will get back on the court starting Saturday as they travel to the annual Blue Suede Invitational Tournament at South Gibson High School and Medina Middle School in Medina.
- Tonight’s Dyer County home game cancelled (1/18/18)
- Wintery weather’s winning streak over hoops schedule continues (1/18/18)
- Dyersburg High School to host fourth annual First Pitch Banquet and Silent Auction (1/18/18)
- No coach is safe in Tennessee (1/17/18)
- Choctaws, Lady Trojans move up in latest polls (1/15/18)
- Tonight’s high school basketball games postponed (1/15/18)
At the Shelter (1/18/18)Despite the weather which seems to have drawn everything to a halt, the Shelter has received 17 new residents. Many of these new residents are cute puppies. Take a look at the variety of pups and choose one for your family. Pups you choose at this age can be trained to be just the dog you always wanted. The Shelter holds puppies for a couple of weeks to make sure your new pup is not incubating any diseases. Call to make sure the pup is available before making a trip...
Cinnamon GregoryThis week’s Dyersburg High School student spotlight representative is Cinnamon Gregory. Cinnamon is a junior and the daughter of Amanda Gregory. She was nominated by DHS CTE Director/Business instructor Kim Yeiter. ‘Cinnamon has worked extremely hard on our class website project,’ said Yeiter. ‘She has gone above and beyond to finish the project early. She is also proven to be quite the talented coder.’...
Tyler HutchingThis week’s Student Spotlight for Dyer County High School goes to junior student Tyler Hutching. ‘Tyler comes in with a good attitude and ready to work.’ - Mrs. Amy Mobley
Obituaries for January 19, 2018Mrs. Willie Hatch, 79 of Big Sandy, TN, passed away Wednesday, January 17, 2018 at Henry County Healthcare. Funeral services will be conducted 11AM on Saturday, January 20, 2018 in the Chapel of...
Obituaries for January 18, 2018Sue Seratt Brown, 86, of Dyersburg, TN, passed away on Tuesday, January 16, 2018 at Tennova Healthcare Dyersburg Regional. She was born on March 8, 1931, in Halls, TN, to the late Dan...
Obituaries for January 17, 2018Lena Moody, 83, of Finley, died Monday, January 15, 2018 at Tennova Healthcare Dyersburg Regional. Born June 26, 1934, she was the daughter of the late Dewitt and Mable Daniels. She was a retired...
On the Record (1/17/18)Christopher Lawarence Gorman, 49, and Lara Jo McCullough, 46 Adrian Quavados, 27, and Asya Jenay Graham Graham, 18 David Lee Dobbins, 58, and Pamela Lynette Reeves Reeves, 56 Antonio Wayne White, 58,...
On the Record (1/10/18)Jodeci Arnold- poss marijuana, 11/29 susp, 250 fine/costs, drug screens, supervised Brasker Bonds Jr.- failure to appear, 11/29 susp to 20 days, pay costs, supervised probation Rachal Leanne Boswell-...
On the Record (1/3/18)Perry Walter Cox 3rd – Dui 1st, driving while license suspended-2nd or subsequent, schedule III drugs: mfg, del, sell, pss, simple poss/casual exchange, poss unlaw drug paraphernalia uses &...
Legal NoticesLegal 01-3555 NOTICE OF TRUSTEE'S SALE WHEREAS, default has occurred in the performance of the covenants, terms, and conditions of a Deed of Trust Note dated June 18, 2009, and the Deed of Trust of even date securing the same, recorded June 19, 2009, in Book No. 701, at Page 452, and modified on July 24, 2017, In Book No. 881, At Page 360 in Office of the Register of Deeds for Dyer County, Tennessee, executed by Corey Stroup and Shelby Stroup, conveying certain property therein described to...
Houses for RentFR: 2 OR 3 BR Houses call Four Seasons Realty 731-286-1234
Legal NoticesLEGAL 01-3554 PROBATE COURT JASON HUDSON PROBATE JUDGE DYER COUNTY NOTICE TO CREDITORS Civil Action No. 18-PR-1 Estate of Wilma Doris Ham Notice is hereby given January 2, 2018 letters testamentary (or of administration as the case may be) in respect of the estate of Wilma Doris Ham died September 29, 2017 were issued to the undersigned by the Probate Court of Dyer County, Tennessee. All persons, resident and nonresident , having claims, matured or unmatured,...
Legal NoticesLEGAL 01-3553 CHANCERY COURT TONY CHILDRESS CHANCERY JUDGE DYER COUNTY NOTICE TO CREDITORS Civil Action No. 18-CV-4 Estate of James T. "Doc" Hendren Notice is herby given that on the 8thday of January, 2018 letters of testamentary (or of administration as the case may be) in respect of the estate James T. "Doc" Hendren who died on October 24, 2017 were issued to the undersigned by the Chancery Court of Dyer County, Tennessee. All persons, resident and...