New programs to pay overtime to authorities cracking down on opioids and meth2In response to the ongoing battle against opioids and methamphetamines, two new grants will be providing overtime pay for authorities of the Dyer County Sheriff’s Department, in addition to 51 other...
Bypass rezoning, subdivision plat approved by city plannersOn Thursday, June 13 at 10 a.m., the City of Dyersburg Municipal-Regional Planning Commission convened for their regular monthly meeting inside the Municipal Building Courtroom. All commissioners...
- College in prison may be reducing recidivism and helping inmates reform
- Downtown Dyersburg to benefit from new pocket park
- Historical Society elects new executive board members
- Forked Deer River Park groundbreaking held
- Committee explores possible tax increase to fund street paving, employee raises during budget talks
- Newbern officers arrest two men following burglary
- One dead following Monday night shooting, suspect search ongoing3
- Two arrested on drug charges following execution of search warrant
- Insurance study names Dyersburg 3rd best driving city in Tennessee1
- DHS, Choctaws get in workouts before dead periodWith the final week before the dead period set to begin on Monday for teams throughout the local area and the state as well, high school football teams at Dyersburg and Dyer County High Schools will get their final workouts in before the TSSAA’s mandatory two-week dead period this week.
At the Shelter (6/13/19)The number of animals ready for adoption at the Shelter is 102. This is a downturn, but is still extremely high. So far, the Shelter is still “No Kill.” Even though 102 animals need rescuing, many of these have already been featured in the paper, so there are only 4 new ones plus puppies and kittens that weren’t pictured last week...
Obituaries for June 13, 2019Samariel Glenn, 17, of Dyersburg, died Thursday, June 6, 2019 at West Tennessee Healthcare Dyersburg Hospital. Funeral services will be held at 2 p.m. Saturday, June 15 at Dyer County High School in...
Obituaries for June 12, 2019Janice Kaye Dunnam, 70, of Dyersburg, TN, passed away on Friday, June 7, 2019 at Jackson Madison County General Hospital. She was born on June 3, 1949, in Nashville, TN, to the late Billy Joe Adams...
Obituaries for June 11, 2019Jodie Allen Adkins, 35, of Yorkville, Tennessee, died Thursday, June 6, 2019 at his residence in Yorkville, Tennessee. Funeral services for Mr. Adkins were held at 10:00 AM on Monday, June 10, 2019...
On the Record (6/12/19)Robert Brent Flatt, 32 and Angela Nicole Sanderson Pendleton, 31 Jason Carl Roberts, 39 and Emily Brooke Vaughn, 30 David Jason Brown, 31 and Kristy Lisa Reeves, 39 Jaden Nicholas Pipkins, 18 and...
On the Record (5/23/19)Nickey Leanna Allen- fail to appear/contempt, 10 days, waive costs Jashaun Lamar Baker-fail to appear, 11/29 susp to 15 days, waive costs Jashaun Lamar Baker- violation of probation 1, 15 days,...
Legal NoticesLEGAL 06-4043 PROBATE COURT JASON HUDSON PROBATE JUDGE DYER COUNTY NOTICE TO CREDITORS Civil Action No. 19-PR-39 Estate of Harry P. Smith Notice is hereby given June 6th, 2019 letters testamentary (or of administration as the case may be) in respect of the estate of Harry P. Smith died May 26, 2019 were issued to the undersigned by the Probate Court of Dyer County, Tennessee. All persons, resident and nonresident , having claims, matured or unmatured, against the estate are...
Legal NoticesLEGAL 06-4042 CHANCERY COURT TONY CHILDRESS CHANCERY JUDGE DYER COUNTY NOTICE TO CREDITORS Civil Action No. 19-CV-228 Estate of Billy Mark Perkins Notice is herby given that on this is 6th day of June, 2019 letters of testamentary (or of administration as the case may be) in respect of the estate Billy Mark Perkins who died on April 26,2019 were issued to the undersigned by the Chancery Court of Dyer County, Tennessee. All persons, resident and nonresident ,...
Legal NoticesLEGAL 06-4044 The Dyer Co Fire Dept. is seeking bids to purchase 19 sets of Turnout gear. Bid opening will be Tuesday June 18th 9am at the Fire Chief's office located at 1910 Pioneer Rd. Dyersburg TN. Specification may be obtained by calling 731-286-7831. Publication Dates: June 14, 2019 June 16, 2019 June 18, 2019
PersonalsDyer County Board of Education is taking bids on custodial supplies until 2:00 P.M., Wednesday, June 26, 2019. Specifications are available at 159 Everett Street, Dyersburg, TN, 731-285-6712.
SalesFor Sale Traeger wood pellet Grill. Pro 22 seriesBronze.$500. Call after 6pm. 731-259-2821