Former Crockett Co. 911 director sentenced to 57 months for embezzlementJackson, TN – On Monday, January 14, 2019, U.S. District Judge S. Thomas Anderson sentenced Brian Black, 42, of Dyersburg, Tennessee to 57 months in the Federal Bureau of Prisons for embezzlement....
Business, community assist teen with donations for service dogMary Grace Jennings, a Dyersburg High School junior, recently received a $2,500 donation from Modern Woodmen of America of Dyersburg to assist in the expense of obtaining her service dog, Shasta. A...
- Residents launch complaint against Newbern Police Dept.2
- Newbern board elects Mabry as new mayor, new aldermen sworn in1
- Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. march to be held Monday
- Man injured following 2 vehicle accident on Hwy. 51
- Budget committee OKs sale of reacquired property, purchase of property for Big Levee repairs
- CLB OKs $170,000 for purchase of property needed for Big Levee repairs
- 2019 Duck Blast raises $19,000 for Dyersburg Kiwanis Park
- Matthew 25:40 announces changes to Feed the Need dates, community programs
- Work of local artist recognized at McIver’s Grant
- Third quarter proves costly for Lady Trojans against Westview girls in 13AA tiltThough Dyersburg played to a stalemate through a half and outscored Westview 12-9 down the stretch in the fourth quarter, the Lady Chargers dominated the third frame on Tuesday night to take a 55-49 win over the Lady Trojans in the Terry Glover Gymnasium.
- Northview, Three Oaks head to Ridgely for Small Area Tourney
- Dyer County Youth Basketball League opens second season with a full slate of Saturday games
- Lady Choctaws, Choctaws earn 13AAA wins in sweep (1/16/19)
- Simpson wins bowl contest (1/16/19)
- DMS boys end regular season strong over Medina (1/15/19)
- Dear Mom and Dad: Cool it (1/15/19)
Jared JenkinsThis week’s Dyersburg High School student spotlight representative is Jared Jenkins. Jared is a senior and the son of Johnny Jenkins and Joelle Cox. He was nominated for student spotlight by DHS Senior Advisor Anna Claire Bradshaw. ‘Jared is a senior that I just continue to be blown away by,’ said Bradshaw. ...
Autumn MillerDCHS Spotlight Student for the week is 12th grade student, Autumn Miller. ‘As the senior counselor, I have worked with Autumn on many occasions and she is always so well-mannered, respectful, and determined to be successful in all areas. It is my honor to nominate Autumn as one of the students of the month.’ - Mrs. Jennifer Ray...
Obituaries for January 17, 2019Mr. Adolphus T. Temple, 82, of Metropolis, Illinois, passed away at 3:20 a.m. on Wednesday, Jan. 16, 2019, at Massac Memorial Hospital. Funeral services will be held at 1 p.m. Friday, Jan. 18, 2019,...
Obituaries for January 16, 2019Neta Carol Cotham, age 80, of Dyersburg died Saturday, January 12, 2019 at her home in Dyersburg. Halls Funeral Home is in charge of arrangements. --- Anita Louise Williams, age 65, of Halls died...
Obituaries for January 15, 2019Eddie Farris Ray Jr., 80, was born in Covington, Tennessee, on April 15th, 1938. He peacefully passed away on January 12th, 2019. Eddie grew up in Dyersburg, where he graduated from high-school and...
On the Record (1/17/19)David Gomez Vicente, 41, and Maricruz Ibarra Mendez, 45 Amanda Dawn Miller vs. Michael Duane Miller Jonathan Amerson- driving while license can/sus/rev, 6 months susp to 5 days, $100 fine plus costs,...
On the Record (1/9/19)Tommy Grady Hall, 71, and Madonna Jo Leigh Sewell, 73 None granted Tony Anderson- driving on can/susp/rev-3rd, 11/29 susp to 10 days, 250 fine/costs Johnny Dillon Beck- poss methamphetamine, 11/29...
On the Record (1/2/19)Mark Thomas Lovett,29, and Kimberly Rena Johnson Major, 33 None granted Tony Anderson- driving on can/susp/rev-3rd, 11/29 susp to 10 days, 250 fine/costs Johnny Dillon Beck- poss methamphetamine,...
Legal NoticesLegal 01-3889 TRUSTEE’S NOTICE OF SALE WHEREAS, by Deed of Trust executed by AMBER N. DOWLING, a single person, she did convey unto SHERRELL ARMSTRONG, Trustee, her interest in the property described therein to secure the payment of a Promissory Note in the original principal amount of $16,456.41, and all renewals, extensions or modifications thereof, and payable to FIRST CITIZENS NATIONAL BANK, said obligation being payable as set forth in the deed of trust aforesaid, which was recorded...
Legal NoticesLegal 01-3876 NOTICE OF SUBSTITUTE TRUSTEE S SALE WHEREAS, default has occurred in the performance of the covenants, terms and conditions of a Deed of Trust dated April 25, 2016, executed by J L SANDERSON, JESSIE LEE SANDERSON, conveying certain real property therein described to LIBERTY TITLE & ESCROW, as Trustee, as same appears of record in the Register's Office of Dyer County, Tennessee recorded May 3, 2016, in Deed Book 852, Page 506-520; and WHEREAS, the beneficial interest of said...
Articles For SaleFS: boy's bicycle $50, wood rocker chair $75, straight back chair $40 731-377-5420
Articles For SaleFS: white antique love seat $125 , like new exercise rolling machine $200 or obo retail was $1000, antique butterfly wingback chair $75 each or obo 731-676-9888
Articles For SaleFS: 50- Danielle Steel's novels $.50 pc., 2- towel racks $5 both or $3 pc., curtain tie backs $5 731-286-4157