Tennessee tax-free weekend begins FridayThe state of Tennessee’s annual sales tax holiday is set to occur this weekend. Beginning at 12:01 a.m. Friday, July 26 and running through 11:59 p.m. Sunday, July 28, certain goods, including...
Deputy seizes over 100 grams of meth following traffic stopThe Dyer County Sheriff’s Department has arrested three individuals after recovering 101.6 grams of methamphetamines as the result of a routine traffic stop.
- Transitions to host production of Anything Goes during dinner theater fundraiser
- Stash the Trash campaign reminds Dyer County residents not to litter
- Little General donates $500 to Newbern Police Dept.
- The Big Latch On to be held at AMC Classic 9 on Aug. 3
- DFD battles grain bin fire
- NWCX annex program provides new hope for Cottonwood Grove Baptist Church
- Sheriff’s Office to host 745 Memorial Benefit in memory of K9 officer
- THP charges remain pending in Palmer case; blood samples sent to TBI for analysis
- Bill increasing minimum wage to $15 passes through House
- DC to host first-look scrimmage; DHS lineup altered (7/20/19)
- The Farms hosts West Tennessee Junior Golf Association Tournament (7/20/19)
- Benefits of youth golf will be seen in a few years (7/20/19)
- Choctaws, Trojans avoid rain, heat in second week of preseason (7/19/19)
- Tennessee Pride finishes in top four at Roses Rising Stars (7/18/19)
- Two Trojans named to preseason all-state team (7/17/19)
Obituaries for July 24, 2019Zaidee Laverne Cox Ozment Deweese, 91, beloved wife and mother, passed from this life on Monday morning, July 22, 2019. The daughter of Evelyn S. Cox and Vernon B. Cox, Zaidee was born on the family...
Obituaries for July 23, 2019Sidney Bennett, 82, of Hornbeak died July 20, 2019, at Jackson-Madison County General Hospital. Funeral services will be held 11 a.m. Wednesday at White & Mahon Funeral Home. The Rev. Perry Grills...
Obituaries for July 21, 2019Ruth Lynn Bradley Norman, a life-long citizen of the Dyersburg area, has passed away July 19, 2019, in Dyersburg. She was 87. Mrs. Norman was a member of Parr Avenue Church of Christ. Mrs. Norman was...
On the Record (7/24/19)Harry Hoover Hart Jr., 41 and Melissa Ann Greer Ray, 40 Wesley Corey Blankenship, 25 and Mary Elizabeth Rea Moore Ellison, 25 Steven Bradley Lawhon, 32 and Amanda Kaye Baker, 36 Chad Martin Blalock,...
On the Record (7/17/19)Cody Capps- poss. Drug paraphernalia, 11/29 susp, 150 fine/costs, drug screens, unsupervised Emily Grace Collier- poss. Drug paraphernalia, 11/29 susp, 150 costs, drug screens, unsupervised Jevonta...
On the Record (7/10/19)James Henry McCoy, 19 and Aisha Kaye Shaw, 19 Kenneth Ray Hall, 64 and Sara Joice Simpson Merriweather, 27 Kyle Edward Paschal, 26 and Tiffany Nicole Halliburton, 26 Mark Raymond Sering, 47 and Emily...
Public NoticesThe County of Dyer is taking bids on trucks to be used by any Dyer County Department. Bids will be received until 10:00 A.M., Tuesday, August 6, 2019 at the Dyer County Mayor's Office-101 West Court Street, Dyersburg, TN 38024. Bids must be in a sealed envelope marked "Bid Enclosed". Dyer County reserves the right to reject any and all bids in whole and in part and to waive any informality in the bidding process. Awarded bidder will honor price(s) for other local governments. Bid...
Legal NoticesLEGAL 07-4076 PROBATE COURT JASON HUDSON PROBATE JUDGE DYER COUNTY NOTICE TO CREDITORS Civil Action No. 19-PR-50 Estate of Peggy Marie Smith Parnell Notice is hereby given July 15th, 2019 letters testamentary (or of administration as the case may be) in respect of the estate of Peggy Marie Smith Parnell died April 27, 2019 were issued to the undersigned by the Probate Court of Dyer County, Tennessee. All persons, resident and nonresident , having claims, matured or ...
Legal NoticesLEGAL 07-4072 PROBATE COURT JASON HUDSON PROBATE JUDGE DYER COUNTY NOTICE TO CREDITORS Civil Action No. 19-PR-47 Estate of Sandra D. Baker Notice is hereby given July 11th, 2019 letters testamentary (or of administration as the case may be) in respect of the estate of Sandra D. Baker died June 18, 2019 were issued to the undersigned by the Probate Court of Dyer County, Tennessee. All persons, resident and nonresident , having claims, matured or unmatured, against the estate...
Legal NoticesLegal 07-4078 The Newbern Planning Commission will have a planned meeting August 5th at 5:30 pm in the Newbern Saferoom. Publication: July 23, 2019
PersonalsTunica bus trip. August 3rd. $40 per person. One free lunch buffet and $25 Free Play. 731-446-9140