TCAT to host Signing Day on Thursday, February 20On Thursday, February 20, at 10 a.m., the Tennessee College of Applied Technology will be hosting its annual Signing Day, where 112 students from schools in Dyer County and surrounding areas will...
DSCC to host performance of ‘Harriet Tubman: One Woman’s Journey’ Feb. 27Jackie Murray, known as “The Voice for the New Sound of Soul,” will present a special performance of “Harriet Tubman: One Woman’s Journey,” Feb. 27 at 6 p.m. at the Dyersburg State Community College...
- Dyer County Health Dept. goes red in support of Women’s heart health
- Infection-control course offered for tattoo artists, body-piercing technicians and operators
- Dyer County Schools announces Teacher of the Year recipients
- Blue Bank Resort chosen to host Tennessee Songwriters Week event
- New Life Union Mission spotlights Weekend Food for Kids program
- Dyersburg planners OK site plans, recommend street closure to city board
- Dyersburg Board to meet Tuesday
- Death is sad, but memories never fade
- Criminal Court of Appeals affirms sentence imposed against former Chimes for Charity chairman6
- Kiwanis annual Pancake Breakfast to occur Feb. 22
- ZuZu African Acrobats to perform at DSCC Feb. 17
- City, county schools closing for President’s Day
- Trojans counter Bulldog rally with strong second halfAt halftime, Tuesday night's District 13AA Quarterfinal game between the Trojans and Milan had been a tale of two quarters. After the first eight minutes of the second half were in the books, it remained that but just a different two frames as the Dyersburg boys dominated the third frame on the way to a 79-54 win to eliminate the Bulldogs and advance to the district semifinals.
- Dyersburg State men enter final week in first-place tie with rival Jackson State (2/18/20)
- Choctaw rally falls short as Tornadoes snap DC streak (2/15/20)
- Trojans, Lady Trojans end regular season with 13AA sweep at Milan (2/15/20)
- Have you seen Dyersburg State this year? You should (2/15/20)
- Lady Choctaw soccer's Bickford signs with Dyersburg State (2/15/20)
- No. 25 Eagles rally to avenge earlier loss to Columbia State (2/15/20)
At the Shelter (1/30/20)There are currently 53 deserving animals waiting to be adopted at the Shelter. Half of these fur babies are cats and half are dogs. The Shelter can find a perfect match for you regardless of species, breed or color. [I adopted a sweet new cat this week - blue/gray, cream and white. ...
Gracie JacksonThe DCHS Spotlight Student is 10th grader Gracie Jackson. ‘Gracie always greets you with a smile and is willing to help in any way she can. She always takes pride in her work no matter what the task.’ - Mr. Eddie Sims.
Walker HoldenThis week’s Dyersburg High School student spotlight representative is Walker Holden. Walker is a senior and the son of John Holden and Amy East. He was nominated for student spotlight by numerous members of the DHS faculty and staff. Faculty and staff members point out Walker has a big heart and helps those in need. They add his random acts of kindness have not gone unnoticed such as helping classmates carry their books, holding the door open for others, and more...
Obituaries for Feb. 18Ruth Dianne Truscott Patton, 72, of Lenox, Tennessee died February 15, 2020 at West Tennessee Healthcare- Dyersburg Hospital. Funeral arrangements are incomplete and will be announced later by...
Obituaries for Feb. 15Graple Williams Bottoms, 93, of Dyersburg, TN, passed away on Thursday, February 13, 2020 at AHC-Dyersburg. Graple was born on May 26, 1926, in Barb Wire, TN, to the late Obie Pierce Williams, Sr....
Obituaries for Feb. 13Ann Hallum, 82 of Newbern, Tennessee died peacefully on Monday, February 10, 2020, at her residence in Newbern, Tennessee. Born Friday, June 18,1937, in Trimble, Tennessee, she was the daughter of...
On the Record (2/18/20)William Jordan Morgan, 33 and Tina Ann Yancey Everett, 32 Michael Wayne Mills, 29 and Taylor Jordan Melton, 21 Darren Chase Hargrove, 21 and Kalyn Leeann White, 19 Matthew Brian Barner, 30 and Afton...
On the Record (2/11/20)Andrew Joseph Anderson, 26 and Meganne Hope Price, 24 Jerry Lee Scott, 75 and Linda Sue Mayfield Puente, 74 Chester Roy Beasley, 44 and Andrea Bernadette Rubio, 39 Levi Chance Kobilka, 19 and Katelyn...
On the Record (2/4/20)Angela Adair- worthless checks- 02/13/2020 Holly Comer- open container, drivers to exercise due care-DNA Jason Elmore- simple poss/casual exchange-meth, poss unlaw drug paraphernalia uses &...
Articles For SaleFS: all wood coffee or cocktail table, great cond $75, (8)Fosteria century crystal ice tea glasses $75. call 731-334-9938
Legal NoticesLegal 02-4233 Dyer County Schools will receive bids on Thursday, March 5, 2020 at 2:00 p.m., CST in the offices of the Dyer County Schools – Central Offices, 159 Everett Ave., Dyersburg, Tennessee for the following project: Three Oaks Middle Schools HVAC Replacement A bid package may be obtained from McGehee Nicholson Burke Architects, 6750 Lenox Center Court, Suite 100, Memphis, TN 38115, phone 901/683-7667. There will be a pre-bid conference on Wednesday, February 26, 2020 at 2:00 p.m.,...
Articles For SaleFS- coffee table, adrk walnut, round, 2 end tables 60.00, 2 small 4 drawer chest 20.00 each, 4 lamps ( no shades) 10.00 each. Call 731-285-7523
Articles For SaleFS- Heavy duty table & 4 chairs 150.00, hoover vac, heavy duty like new 60.00, 300 old 45 records 100.00. Call 1-731-882-9996