PADD discusses updates, announces narcan trainingOn Friday, Nov. 16, members of the PADD coalition (Prevention Alliance of Dyersburg/Dyer County) convened at the Professional Development Center, located at 305 College St., to discuss agenda items...
Local students attend RisingStar SummitFour Dyersburg High School students were selected to attend the WestStar Leadership Program’s 2018 RisingStar Youth Leadership Summit, held Nov. 9 at the University of Tennessee at Martin. RisingStar...
- County Legislative Body meets Monday
- Newbern meeting set for Tuesday
- Newbern problems need a solution
- Following these tips for turkey will make your Thanksgiving dinner safer
- Dyersburg Narcotics Unit receives awards from state officers association
- Pedal Prayers missionary stops in Dyersburg
- City of Dyersburg donates to local organizations
- DSCC hosts annual Foundation Board meeting, dinner
- Dyersburg Moose hosts dinner for veterans, first responders
- Haywood runs past Dyersburg to end unbeaten seasonThe first play of the game might have just been out of reach for Haywood, but much of what followed went the visitors’ way as the Tomcats scored four times in the first half on the way to a 47-14 win over Dyersburg to end the Trojans’ season in the Class 4A Quarterfinals on Friday night at J.C. Sawyers Stadium.
- And, just like that, it’s all over (11/17/18)
- Choctaws, Lady Choctaws move to 2-0 with sweep of McNairy (11/17/18)
- Trojan train will arrive in a few short hours (11/16/18)
- Class 4A Quarterfinal is Trojans vs. Tomcats, Round 2 (11/16/18)
- Winter weather moves into area ahead of 4A Quarterfinals (11/15/18)
- Three Oaks honors Choctaw football team with banquet (11/15/18)
At the Shelter (11/15/18)The number of animals ready for adoption at the Shelter is 74. This number indicates that there is a great need for adopters or those willing to sponsor/foster animals. This number also indicates that there has been a reduction in euthanasia. As a matter of fact, the Shelter has met its “No Kill” goal (10% or less euthanasia). Just meeting the goal is wonderful, but staying at the goal is hard work. The Shelter needs rescues, fosters, and adoptions to maintain the “No Kill” status. Please help!...
Chelsea RogersDCHS Spotlight Student for the week of November 12th is 10th grade student, Chelsea Rogers. ‘Chelsea exemplifies what it means to be a Choctaw. She always gives her best effort and treats her teachers and peers with respect. I have never seen Chelsea be anything but kind and courteous. She is a positive role model for her peers. Chelsea shows determination in truly wanting to learn everyday, and completes all tasks to the best of her ability.’ - Mrs. Shana Fowler...
Sam AndrewsThis week’s Dyersburg High School student spotlight representative is Sam Andrews. Sam is a senior and the son of Stephanie and Grady Andrews. He was nominated for student spotlight by numerous DHS faculty and staff members. Sam is an exceptional student, earning an ACT composite score of 35 and currently holds a 4.0 GPA in Advanced Placement courses. ...
Obituaries for November 18, 2018Thero (Peter) Anderson, age 61 of Dyersburg, TN. died Thursday, November 1, 2018 at West TN Healthcare- Dyersburg. Arrangements are entrusted to McCreight Funeral Home. Thero was a U.S. Army Veteran....
Obituaries for November 16, 2018Vondilee Gilliland Moore, 73, of Dyersburg, died Wednesday, November 14, 2018 at Dyersburg Health and Rehabilitation. Born May 25, 1945, she was the daughter of the late Raymond Buford Sr. and...
Obituaries for November 15, 2018Vondilee Moore, 73, of Dyersburg, died Wednesday, November 14, 2018 at Dyersburg Healthcare and Rehabilitation. Funeral services are incomplete at this time and will be announced later by Curry...
On the Record (11/14/18)Fred Carter- violation of probation 3, 30 days, costs, ext probation, restart screens, continued Taylor Elaine Clark- poss marijuana, 11/29 susp to 48 hours, 250 fine/costs, 6 months drug screens,...
On the Record (11/7/18)Anthony Mark Stephens, 60, and Threase Elaine Oliver Dykes, 67 Theodore Fair, 59, and Alisa Rochelle Davis, 50 Ricky Lawrence Lucius, 63, and Regina Joyce Rice, 56 None granted Eric Wayne Allen-...
On the Record (10/31/18)Brandon Jamar Curry, 28, and Octavia Markell Wesley, 25 Arthur Lynn Newton, 65, and Cynthia Ann Sierakowski Simpson, 59 Jonathan Dale Greenhaw, 31, and Ashley Marie Carter, 31 Preston Alan Bishop,...
Public NoticesRipley Housing Authority Invitation to Bid Ripley Housing Authority will be receiving bids from qualified bidders to provide law care services for the upcoming 2019 season. The general scope of work will include litter control, cutting, trimming, edging and gutter cleaning. Complete bid packets can be requested during normal business hours at Ripley Housing Authority at the address listed below, r by calling at (731) 635-1901. 101 Northcrest St, Ripley, TN 38063 Hours: 8am -...
Public NoticesThe Dyer County Mayor's office is taking bids on a truck to be used for county buildings. Bids will be received until 10:00 A.M. Wednesday, November 28, 2018. Bids must be in a sealed envelope marked "Bid Enclosed". Specifications can be picked up at the Dyer County Mayor's Office at 101 West Court Street, Dyersburg, TN. Dyer County reserves the right to reject any and all bids in whole and in part and to waive any informality in the bidding process. Awarded bidder will honor price(s) for...
Legal NoticesLegal 11-3838 IN THE CHANCERY COURT OF DYER COUNTY, TENNESSEE FOR THE TWENTY-NINTH JUDICAL DISTRICT, AT DYERSBURG INRE: ESTATE OF L.V. Wiggins, DECEASED Civil Action Number: 13-CV-365 Notice of Hearing Date: December 11, 2018, at 9:00 a.m. Attorney: Jennifer L. Sneed/Bourland Heflin Alvarez Minor & Matthews, PLC Address: 5400 Poplar Ave., Suite 100, Memphis, TN 38119 Publication: November 16, 2018 November 23, 2018 November 30, 2018 December 07, 2018
Legal NoticesLEGAL 11-3837 CHANCERY COURT TONY CHILDRESS CHANCERY JUDGE DYER COUNTY NOTICE TO CREDITORS Civil Action No. 18-CV-471 Estate of Audrie Kay Robbins Notice is herby given that on this 7th day of November, 2018 letters of testamentary (or of administration as the case may be) in respect of the estate Audrie Kay Robbins who died on October 16, 2018 were issued to the undersigned by the Chancery Court of Dyer County, Tennessee. All persons, resident and nonresident...
Legal NoticesLEGAL 11-3836 CHANCERY COURT TONY CHILDRESS CHANCERY JUDGE DYER COUNTY NOTICE TO CREDITORS Civil Action No. 18-CV-465 Estate of Shirley Rollins Adkins Notice is herby given that on this 6th day of November, 2018 letters of testamentary (or of administration as the case may be) in respect of the estate Shirley Rollins Adkins who died on October 14, 2018 were issued to the undersigned by the Chancery Court of Dyer County, Tennessee. All persons, resident and...
- Former officer arrested on charges of sexual contact of minor
- Deputies arrest two men in connection to rash of burglaries
- Wreck on Hwy. 78 results in injury of 4 children; one child reportedly in serious condition
- The election is over, and now the real work begins
- Dyersburg Christmas Parade set for Nov. 26, Kirk named Grand Marshal