Free flu clinic to be held in downtown safe room on Nov. 19On November 19, from 10 a.m.-1 p.m., the Dyer County Health Department will be administering free flu shots at the downtown safe room, located at 215 S. Church Ave. in Dyersburg. Pictured above,...
Trojan Drama to present ‘The Curious Savage’The Dyersburg High School Trojan Drama team, under the direction of DHS Drama Instructor Trevor Yarbrough, will present four showings of their upcoming fall production ‘The Curious Savage’, by John...
- Democratic Party welcomes Sen. Yarbro for Q&A at DSCC
- DCHS FFA alumni raise $11,000 during annual Barnwarming
- DPS students appear on ‘Inside Edition’
- Democratic Party welcomes Senator Yarbro for Q&A at DSCC
- Downtown businesses to host Christmas Open House Nov. 15-16
- Operation Christmas Child announces dates for collection week
- Transitions participates in trial run of Christmas Cottage; tickets available now for Nov. 16 event
- Dyersburg Moose to hold fish fry for veterans and first responders
- Veterans Day program, luncheon held at National Guard
- Operation 300: In memory of Aaron Carson Vaughn
- Clint Alan Wallace: ‘He never wanted to do anything else’
- Larry Williams: ‘I’m proud to say I served’
- DC looks to cage Jaguars in Class 5A Round 2After last Friday night’s first-round action throughout Tennessee in the TSSAA State Football Playoffs, there are now 16 teams left standing in Class 5A, and for the first time since 2011 the Dyer County Choctaws (9-2) are one of them after their 32-10 win over Kirby in Newbern in the opening round.
- Trojan golfer Bevis signs with Christian Brothers University
- Six local senior football players selected for all-star games in December (11/12/19)
- DC basketball to host Orange Madness tonight (11/12/19)
- Local Sports Schedule Monday, Nov. 11 - Saturday, Nov. 16 (11/11/19)
- Dyer County defense cages Cougars (11/9/19)
At the Shelter (11/14/19)The number of animals ready for adoption at the Shelter is 78. This is almost 20 fewer than last week. Thank you goes to our rescue groups (especially Paws2Care) and adopters. The Shelter still NEEDS adopters. Can’t you find it in your heart to take an animal home for the holidays?...
Addison GibbonsDCHS Student Spotlight is 12th grade student, Addison Gibbons. ‘Addison comes to class ready to work hard every day. She is a person of high integrity and respect. She is the epitome of what it means to be a Choctaw.’ - Mr. Justin Dubruiel
Elijah MallardThis week’s Dyersburg High School student spotlight representative is Elijah Mallard. Elijah is a junior and the son of Erica Moffatt and Rickey Mallard. He was nominated for student spotlight by DHS English instructor Sharon Carr. ‘Elijah is a hardworking student with a great attitude,’ said Carr. ‘He is always respectful and so friendly. He goes out of his way to greet me at school or if I see him off campus. I really enjoy having him in class.’...
Obituaries for Nov. 14, 2019Jennifer Ashley Turner, our sweet angel, was born on Feb. 27, 1984 and left us on November 10, 2019. She was a loving mother to Abigail (15) and Ethan (9).
Obituaries for Nov. 12, 2019William Earl Ables, 91, of Dyersburg, died November 10, 2019 at Maple Ridge Assisted Living. Born October 29, 1928, he is the son of the late William Oscar and Mary Etta Cain Ables and step-father,...
Obituaries for Nov. 9, 2019Bernard Nicholas "Nick" Oechsner, Jr., 73, of Dyersburg, Tennessee died on Wednesday, November 6, 2019, at his residence in Dyersburg, Tennessee. Born Thursday, October 31, 1946 in San Bernardino,...
On the Record (11/12/19)Jeffery Scott Burkhead, 48 and Kristie Nicole Chambers Garrett, 48 Mackalin Thomas Roland, 18 and Taylar Breanne Riggs, 18 Susan Kerry Baird- speeding, $5 fine + costs Carmen Renaldo Bell- seat belt,...
On the Record (11/5/19)James Ronald Todaro, 53 and Tanya Rose Buerk, 38 Robert Anthony Pearson, 29 and Brittany Michelle Shawver, 28 Derek Blake Sims, 29 and Jennifer Elizabeth Lane, 25 Michael Aaron Bates, 30 and Christen...
On the Record (10/30/19)Scott Allen Rutland, 52 and Amy Dawn Dudley Nee, 43 Derek Lane Hinson, 31 and Emily Rose Mayfield Crum, 36 Curtis Lee Horton, 57 and Claudia Renee Sorrells, 56 Shiv Kumar Sharma, 33 and Ayako Tezuka,...
Legal NoticesLEGAL 11-4160 IN THE PROBATE COURT FOR DYER COUNTY, TENNESSEE In RE: B.G.G. A minor child D.O.B. 4/26/13 ORDER OF PUBLICATION Civil Action No. 19-PR-35 IT APPEARING that it is necessary to insure proper service on the named father of the minor child, such individual being JAMES AARON GAY, and IT APPEARING that after due diligent efforts to serve process upon JAMES AARON GAY without success, the said JAMES AARON GAY should be served with process by means of publication. IT IS...
Legal NoticesLegal 11-4154 SUBSTITUTE TRUSTEE'S NOTICE OF SALE Sale at public auction will be on December 12, 2019, at or about 10:00 AM, local time, at the north door of the Dyer County Courthouse, 101 W Court Street, Dyersburg, TN 38024, pursuant to the Deed of Trust executed by Betty Joyce Pennington Smith, unmarried, to FMLS, Inc. , as Trustee for Regions Bank dated September 30, 2009, and recorded in Record Book 707, Page 810, in the Register's Office for Dyer County, Tennessee ("Deed of Trust"),...
Legal NoticesLEGAL 11-4155 CHANCERY COURT TONY CHILDRESS CHANCERY JUDGE DYER COUNTY NOTICE TO CREDITORS Civil Action No. 19-CV-428 Estate of Robert Ell Hurt, Sr Notice is herby given that on this is 5th day of November letters of testamentary (or of administration as the case may be) in respect of the estate Robert Ell Hurt, Sr. who died on September 7th, 2019 were issued to the undersigned by the Chancery Court of Dyer County, Tennessee. All persons, resident and nonresident...
Articles For SaleFS: 3 seater metal glider $250, 4 metal chairs $250, heavy duty by Neptune $200 731-627-4800
Legal NoticesLEGAL 10-4150 CHANCERY COURT TONY CHILDRESS CHANCERY JUDGE DYER COUNTY NOTICE TO CREDITORS Civil Action No. 19-CV-421 Estate of Doris H. Swafford Notice is herby given that on this is 31st day of October letters of testamentary (or of administration as the case may be) in respect of the estate Doris H. Swafford who died on May 18th, 2019 were issued to the undersigned by the Chancery Court of Dyer County, Tennessee. All persons, resident and nonresident , having...