DCHS student places 3rd in nation at FFA competitionBack in October, Dyer County High School student Sierra Alexander, daughter of Jason and Stacey Alexander, was recognized as 3rd in the nation for her accomplishment for FFA Creed Speaking Leadership...
Sorghum Valley prepares for 10th annual Christmas VillageBeginning Thursday, Dec. 7 and continuing on until Saturday, Dec. 9, Sorghum Valley Christmas Village, located at the Dyer County Fairgrounds, will be open from 6 p.m. until 9 p.m.
- Newbern Rotary to host annual Christmas Parade
- Downtown construction under way
- DPA to host Let it Glow Light Show
- Saturday's strong winds knock out street light at intersection of Troy and Gordon
- Reelfoot Rural Ministries welcomes donations, volunteers for annual toy store
- Small Business Saturday to be held in downtown Dyersburg Nov. 25
- Northview honors football players with banquetNorthview Middle School recently honored the members of its gridiron team with the school’s annual football banquet. Above, eighth-grade players receiving individual honors were (front, from left) Billy Gearin (Outstanding Offensive Lineman Award, North-South Middle School All Star Game), Bo Butler (Outstanding Offensive Lineman Award), Lane Evans (Hustle Award, Defensive MVP, WTAC All Conference, North-South Middle School All Star Game, Perfect Attendance Award), Cole Horner (Outstanding Offensive Lineman Award, Outstanding Defensive Lineman Award), William Maupin (Top Wide-Receiver Award, WTAC All Conference, North-South Middle School All Star Game), Drae Stafford (Iron Man Award, WTAC All Conference, North-South Middle School All Star Game, Choctaw Award), Nick Rushing (Outstanding Offensive Lineman Award); (back, from left) Gannon Peevyhouse (Leadership Award, Perfect Attendance Award), Isaiah Smith (Outstanding Offensive Lineman Award) and Matthew Rigsby (Outstanding Linebacker Award).
- Lady Trojans upend Memphis Central; boys fall
- Choctaws sweep at HOF Classic; girls drop two
- Three Oaks hosts annual football banquet
- Local players selected to West TN All-Star Game (11/19/17)
- And it’s into the gym we go for the winter (11/18/17)
- Trojans, Lady Trojans head to Memphis for MLK Classic (11/18/17)
At the Shelter (11/16/17)The Shelter is still near capacity, but has 11 fewer residents this week thanks to rescue groups and adopters. If you are interested in helping rescue groups, call the Shelter and get information on whom to contact. If you can’t adopt, you can donate to a specific animal for veterinary treatment, spaying or neutering or you can donate to a rescue group or to any of the specific funds at the Shelter (see the next to last paragraph of this article to see the specific Shelter funds). ...
Celeste CanadaDyer County High School senior student Celeste Canada was selected as this week’s Student Spotlight: ‘I selected Celeste for giving her personal best. She is in the senior leadership group and goes above and beyond for her classmates and teachers. She is very encouraging and always willing to help others. She is a positive, respectful and helpful young lady!’ – DCHS Guidance Counselor Jennifer Ray...
Abbey AlleyThis week’s Dyersburg High School representative for student spotlight is Abbey Alley. Abbey is a junior and the daughter of Ken and Sarah Alley. According to Connie Donner, DHS director of student services, ‘From Abbey’s freshman year, she has been involved in all advanced classes and numerous extracurricular activities, all the while keeping her grades at the highest level. ...
Obituaries for November 21, 2017Joe Louis McLin, 76, of Dyersburg, Tennessee died on Friday, November 17, 2017, at his residence in Dyersburg, Tennessee. Born Wednesday, March 5, 1941, in Unionville, Tennessee. He was the son of...
Obituaries for November 17, 2017Mary Evelyn "Polly" Thompson, 81, of Dresden, TN, formerly of Dyersburg, TN, passed away on Wednesday, November 15, 2017 at Jackson Madison County General Hospital. She was born on...
Obituaries for November 16, 2017Wayne Cooper, 66, of Dyersburg, TN, passed away on Tuesday, November 14, 2017 at his residence. He was born on December 12, 1950, in Dyersburg, TN, to the late Clarence Cooper and the...
On the Record (11/15/17)Stoney Allen Anderson, Theft, Nolle Pros Stoney Allen Anderson, Fraud Use Cred/Deb Card, Nolle Pros Coty Lynn Bane, Theft, 11/29 Suspended To 20 Days, Costs, Restrained From Peebles, Supervised,...
On the Record (11/1/17)Timothy Daniel Phillips 2nd, 30, and Kristin Michelle Pillinger, 24 Jeffrey Scott Linde, 61, and Galinda Fay Walters, 52 Roy Allen Bevis, 25, and Anna Marie Simmons, 25 Bradley Wayne Jones, 25, and...
On the Record (10/25/17)Tony Anderson – driving on can/susp/rev 2nd, 11/29 susp to time served, cost, 100 fine/cost Jeffery Clanton – kidnapping aggravated, violation of an order of protection, assault aggravated, waive pre...
SalesFS: 42 acres in Tigrett Community Prime hunting land Partially in Crockett and Dyer on Elizabeth Rd. 731-784-5892
Legal NoticesLegal 11-3519 SUBSTITUTE TRUSTEE'S SALE Default having been made in the terms, conditions, provisions and payments made and provided for in a Deed of Trust dated November 25, 2009, executed by Charles Anthony Pratt and wife, Kathy Pratt , to Anthony R. Steele, Trustee, and recorded in Book 710, Page 544 in the Register's Office for Dyer County, Tennessee, to secure the indebtedness therein described to Vanderbilt Mortgage and Finance, Inc., and the entire indebtedness having been...
Apartments For RentFR: 2 BA Apt. 731-676-7218
Legal NoticesLegal 11-3521 SUBSTITUTE TRUSTEE'S SALE Sale at public auction will be on December 19, 2017 at 1:00PM local time, at the north door, Dyer County Courthouse, 1 Veterans Square, Dyersburg, Tennessee pursuant to Deed of Trust executed by Robin N Brawner and James Brawner, to Ralph Henson, Trustee, as trustee for First Citizens National Bank on July 27, 2009 at Record Book 703, Page 512; modified by agreement recorded September 12, 2013 at Record Book 795, Page 359; conducted by Shapiro &...
Apartments For RentFR: Newly remodeled 510 Robert Apt. A 2br 1 1/2ba. CH/A W&D hkup. Newly remodeled $340.mo. 286-4842 lve. mess.