1. Find Your Focus - Eliminate distractions rather than trying to ignore them. Turn off your cellphone, use earplugs at work, and silence your email.
2. Eat For Energy - Keeping your blood sugar at a healthy level, as it is after regular meals, helps you to have more self-control and more easily resist junkfood.
3. Plan Ahead - Cut down on the amount of decisions you make in a day and your willpower muscle will automatically get stronger. Don't think about working out, just make the decision to do it. So get to work right now on reducing the number of choices you make each day.
4. Stress Less - Stress is tied to self-control. To calm down and replenish your energy, go for a walk. When stress hits, removing yourself from the situation even briefly helps. By changing your environment, you help change your perception and recharge your battery.
5. Find Fit Friends - If the person sitting next to you eats a lot, you're more than likely going to overindulge as well. Schedule workouts and healthy meals with fit friends on a regular basis. Making the commitment to get and stay in shape will strengthen your willpower.