1. Stand up straight while holding a dumbbell in each hand.
2. While keeping your back straight and maintaining the natural arch of your back, lean forward so that your upper torso is parallel to the floor.
3. Let your arms hang in front of you perpendicular to the ground. The palms of your hands should be facing each other. This will be your starting position.
4. Keeping your torso forward and stationary, and the arms straight with a slight bend at the elbows, lift the dumbbells straight to the side until both arms are parallel to the floor. Exhale as you lift the weights.
Caution: Avoid swinging the torso or bringing the arms back as opposed to the side.
5. After a one second contraction at the top, slowly lower the dumbbells back to the starting position.
Repeat: 3 sets of 15