Mostly Cloudy ~
High: 83°F ~ Low: 62°F
Thursday, July 31, 2014
Top Twenty Reasons to Attend Dyersburg City SchoolsPosted Thursday, December 8, 2011, at 7:46 AM
1. Dyersburg Intermediate School was ranked 4th in math
value added out of 1032 intermediate schools in the state.
2. Dyersburg High School student, Sean Stapleton, is one of
only 5 National Merit Scholar Semi-finalists in West
3. Dyersburg High School has had 21 National Merit Scholar
Semi-finalists since 1974.
4. Dyersburg High School had the highest US History value
6. Dyersburg High School had 136 AP students with 169 AP
7. Dyersburg High School was one point above the state
8. Dyersburg High School competed in the state tournament
in Volleyball (3 years), Cross Country, and
9. Dyersburg High School girls track placed 2nd in the
10.Over 300 Dyersburg City School students in grades K -- 12
taking Mandarin Chinese.
11.Dyersburg Middle School had 16 students receive State
recognition and 1 student Receive Grand recognition on
12.Schools ranked 9th in math value added out of 136
14.State predicts that 15-20% of teachers will score 5 on
evaluations Dyersburg City Schools have 35% of their
teachers who scored 5's.
15.FFA received national ranking three years in a row.
Maryanna McClure won the National agscience fair with
her project. She was 1st and only national winner from
the state of Tennessee.
16.Technology available to each student in grades Pre -- K
through 5th grade,available to every other student in
grades 6 through 12th.
17.ACT college readiness is at 24% for system and state is
at 15%. Dyersburg is 8th highest in state.
18.DCS will have 2 of only 20 reward schools outside of
Shelby Co. in all of TN, if the waiver is granted.
19.Vanessa Anderson named Tech Teacher of the Year for the
state of Tennessee.
20.Full-time Certified PE teachers, librarians, music
teachers, art teachers in every school.