On Thursday, Dec. 13, R.I.D. West Tennessee Director Tammy Hipps honored law enforcement personnel, local citizens and community organizations with the Dyer County R.I.D. Red Ribbon Awards. The presentation took place in the city's municipal courtroom.
At the event, Lt. Billy Williams of the Dyersburg Police Department was named Law Enforcement Officer of the Year. The traditional award has been now been renamed the Freeman Dudley Memorial Award. Dudley's family was on hand for honor.
Others honored include:
* Citizenship Award -- Doug Roberson of the Tennessee Highway Patrol
* Leadership Award -- Danny Petrie of the Dyer County Sheriff's Department
* Leadership Award -- 911 Communications and Emergency Operations, accepted by Cathy Cavness
* Leadership Award -- Chris Clements of the Dyersburg Police Department
* Leadership Award -- Robert Harrison of the Newbern Police Department
* Outstanding Media Awareness Award -- Vanessa Cain of the State Gazette