This year, the event will feature a day filled with a 5K race, crafts, games, entertainment and a parade. It will all conclude with a concert by the legendary country music singer T.G. Sheppard.
Sheppard, from Humboldt, had numerous Top 10 releases throughout his career and hits like "Fooled Around and Fell In Love", "Strong Heart", and "One For The Money". Other classics include, "Last Cheater's Waltz", "I'll Be Coming Back for More" and "Do You Wanna Go to Heaven".
Warming up the crowd before Sheppard takes the stage will be the Empty Pockets Band that frequently plays around the area.
"We hope everyone comes out to Depot Days and hears the Empty Pockets Band and T.G. Sheppard," said Dennison. "This is a great chance to hear a local legend perform his numerous number-one hits."
The schedule of Depot Day events are:
* 7 - 10 a.m. - Pancake breakfast (sausage, pancakes, milk, juice and coffee in Mom's Buffet downtown Newbern)
* 7 a.m. - 5K run and 1-mile fun walk registration (downtown pavilion)
* 7:30-10 a.m. - Race begins at 8 a.m. followed by awards presentation at 10 a.m.
* 9 a.m. - Crafts and vendors open (various crafts, food and entertainment vendors)
* 9 a.m. - Kids rides and inflatables
* 9:45 a.m. Cake walk begins (cake walks begin every hour)
* 11 a.m. - National Anthem
* 11 a.m. - Parade begins (tractors, antique cars and various entries)
* noon - Parade awards ceremony
* 1:15 p.m. - Domino's competition (City Café)
* 1-6:30 p.m. - Local talent performs (open mike)
* 3 p.m. - Lawn mower drawing (compliments of Briggs and Stratton)
* 3:30 p.m. - Elvis performs
* 7 p.m. - Street dance begins
* 7-8:15 p.m. - Empty Pockets Band performs
* 8:30 p.m. - T.G. Sheppard performs
* Finale - $500 cash drawing