This Halloween season, sex offenders in Dyer County and across the state who are under the supervision of the Tennessee Board of Probation and Parole (BOPP) are again being restricted from taking part in any Halloween or fall and harvest activities.
The BOPP sent out letters to the offenders listing a special set of guidelines they must follow for Halloween. The offenders were required to sign the letter and send it back to the BOPP. The letters also stated it was the offenders' responsibility to inform others that reside at the residence of their restrictions.
"Maintaining public safety is the Board of Probation and Parole's primary mission," said BOPP Executive Director Bo Irvin in a released statement. "We put these restrictions in writing to make sure the sex offenders we supervise know what activities are inappropriate for them."
During the Halloween weekend, officers will be conducting announced and unannounced visits to the homes of offenders to make sure they are in compliance with the restrictions.
The letters advise sex offenders that:
* Neither they, nor anyone in their home, can answer the door to trick-or-treaters on Halloween.
* They cannot pass out candy.
* Their homes cannot be decorated for Halloween, either inside or outside;
* They cannot host Halloween parties at their homes.
* They cannot go to haunted houses, corn mazes, hayrides or any other seasonal activity.
* They cannot be at any function where children are gathered, including private residences.
* They cannot give any Halloween treats to children.
* They cannot wear costumes and they cannot take any child trick or treating.
Dyer County has 90 registered sex offenders listed on the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation's Sex Offender Registry. Some of the offenders are in the Dyer County Jail and some do not have addresses listed. All offenders are required to report in person to their designated law enforcement agency within 48 hours of establishing a new address.
Addresses of sex offenders in Dyer County
The Dyer County addresses listed here were taken from the TBI's sex offender registry on Oct. 28, 2010.
These are the addresses that a sex offender has listed as their place of residence in Dyer County. The crime the sex offender has committed is listed beside the address. The list is a mixture of state, city and county supervised sex offenders.
* 554 Mclean Ave. - Sexual Battery
* 1722 Harris St. - Aggravated Sexual Battery
* 1887 Cumberland St. - Criminal Sexual Conduct in the Third Degree
* 927 Custer Ave. - Aggravated Rape and Aggravated Kidnapping of a Minor
* 838 Lattawoods Drive - Rape and Criminal Attempt to Commit Sexual Battery
* 1838 Linden Road - Criminal Attempt to Commit Aggravated Statutory Rape (2 Counts)
* 718 Byars St. - Attempted Aggravated Sexual Battery
* 114 Broadway Ave. -Third Degree Carnal Abuse (2 Counts)
* 3147 Highway 51 South - Rape
* 118 Fumbanks Ave. - Attempted Aggravated Sexual Battery
* 1501 Morgan Road - Attempted Aggravated Sexual Battery
* 804 Wheeler St. - Rape
* 2350 Hamer Road - Attempted Aggravated Rape
* 420 Katie Cove - Attempted Aggravated Sexual Battery (2 Counts)
* 608 Parks St. (Newbern) - Statutory Rape
* 916 Meacham Road - Predatory Criminal Sexual Assault and Aggravated Criminal Sexual Assault
* 3732 McCullough Chapel Road - Attempted Rape
* 601 Burgies Chapel Road - Rape
* 1521 Shelly Ave. - Attempted Aggravated Sexual Battery
* 145 Longfellow Ave. - Especially Aggravated Sexual Exploitation
* 816 John Mark Drive - Rape and Indecent Assault
* 520 Fakes Ave. - Aggravated Rape and Incest with a Minor
* 1175 South Main St. - Sexual Battery
* 2441 St. John Ave. - Incest
* 701 Melton Ave. - Attempted Aggravated Criminal Sexual Assault
* 2170 Meadowview Drive - Third Degree Criminal Sexual Conduct
* 27 Denton St. (Tigrett) - Aggravated Sexual Battery
* 1814 Ayers St. - Sexual Battery
* 1809 Browning St. - Criminal Attempt to Commit aggravated ?, Criminal Attempt to Commit Aggravated Sexual Battery
* 117 Coley Drive - First Degree Sexual Abuse
* 608 Troy Ave. - Aggravated Rape of a Child
* 1308 Moss St. - Aggravated Rape
* 1512 Shelby Drive - Second Degree Sexual Assault
* 1140 Highway 51 (208) - Criminal Attempt to Commit Rape of a Child
* 1327 Speedway Ave. - Aggravated Criminal Sexual Abuse
* 114 South Jackson St. (Newbern) - Aggravated Statutory Rape
* 1850 Ayers St. - Aggravated Statutory Rape
* 255 Greenway St. - First Degree Sexual Abuse (2 Counts)
* 4552 Lenox-Nauvoo Road - Statutory Rape
* 727 Ashley Road - Incest with a Minor
* 1295 Meacham Road - Fugitive Molestation of a Minor
* 120 Smith St. - Fourth Degree Sexual Assault
* 810 East Court St. - Rape
* 1067 Wabash Circle - Sexual Assault and First Degree Rape
* 1321 Todd St. - Sexual Battery
* 5317 Millsfield Highway - Attempted Aggravated Sexual Battery
* 316 Isaac Hayes Drive - Criminal Attempt to Commit Aggravated ?
* 519 McGaughey St. W. - Sexual Assault By Guardian and Criminal Sexual Contact
* 109 Bowen Lane - Rape
* 1421 Ewell Ave. - Statutory Rape
* 412 Martin Luther King Drive - Aggravated Rape
* 532 East Thomas St. - Attempted Rape
* 145 Ross Ave. - Aggravated Incest
* 1843 Harris St. - Aggravated Statutory Rape
* 2199 Lexie-Cobb Road (Newbern) - Statutory Rape And Rape
* 1826 Sam Houston Drive - Sexual Battery
* 571 Jenkinsville-Jamestown Road - Attempted Rape
* 1813 Schaffer St. - Statutory Rape
* 8704 Highway 412 - Statutory Rape with Prior Conviction
* 706 Circle Drive - Aggravated Sexual Battery
* 1616 Harris St. - Sexual Battery
* 2945 Unionville Road - Sexual Battery
* 2105 St. John Ave. - Sexual Battery by an Authority Figure
* 1306 Highway 210 - Aggravated Sexual Battery, Sexual Battery and Statutory Rape with Prior Conviction
* 915 Cherry St. - Statutory Rape with Prior Conviction
* 3605 Sorrell Chapel Road - Attempted Aggravated Sexual Battery
* 229 Pate St. - Aggravated Sexual Battery
* 2451 Lenox-Nauvoo Road - Incest (Before May 30, 2007)
* 1750 Parks St. - First Degree Sexual Abuse
* 535 Habitat Cove - Statutory Rape
* 1009 McArthur St. - Rape (2 Counts)
* 319 Richwood Road - Statutory Rape
* 1933 Cumberland St.- Sexual Battery
* 1225 Jones St. - Attempted Aggravated Sexual Battery
* 1146 Patty Drive (Newbern) - Attempted Aggravated Sexual Battery
* 725 Byars St. - Aggravated Rape
* 408 Fakes St. Apt. A- First Degree Criminal Sexual Conduct
* 1841 Welch Road - Sexual Battery
* 118 Longfellow Ave. - Conspiracy to Commit Rape
* 710 St. John Ave. A-1 - Criminal Attempt to Commit Aggravated ?
* 1140 Highway 51 South (101) - Sexual Battery and Aggravated Sexual Battery
(Note: A "?" denotes an incomplete sentence on the TBI's Web site)
Disclaimer: The addresses listed here were taken from the TBI sex-offender registry Web site on Oct. 28, 2010. The State Gazette and The Tennessee Bureau of Investigation (TBI) do not guarantee its accuracy or completeness. The information contained in an offender's record does not imply listed individuals will commit a specific type of crime in the future, nor does it imply that if a future crime is committed by a listed individual what the nature of that crime may be. The State Gazette and the TBI make no representation as to any offender's likelihood of re-offending. If you believe that information concerning a specific offender is incorrect, please contact the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation, Sex Offender Registry at 888-837-4170.
Pursuant to Tennessee Code Annotated Section 40-39-201, members of the public are not allowed to use information from the registry to inflict retribution or additional punishment to offenders. Harassment, stalking, or threats against offenders or members of their families are prohibited and doing so may violate both Tennessee criminal and civil laws.
The information listed here can be viewed on the TBI's Web site at http://www.tbi.state.tn.us/ .