Holy Hills parishioner Kelley Burg, FNP, is coordinating the project.
"We are really hoping that we are going to bring people in and be a ministry to this community," said Burg.
"It is an outreach, not only of health needs but of spiritual needs," said Holy Hills Senior Pastor Jeremy Ballinger.
Emergency vehicles will fill the church parking lot, with Anderson Printing next door also providing their parking lot for additional exhibits and parking. Emergency officials committed to attending include a helicopter from Air Evac Lifeteam, a fire truck from Dyersburg Fire Department and an ambulance from Dyersburg EMS.
The Dyer County Sheriff's Department will also be on hand to help with traffic conditions on the highway during the health fair.
Booths and exhibits will also be found inside the church lobby and Sunday school rooms, with many church members on hand to interact with those attending.
"We want to make connections," said Ballinger. "To let people know about our church and what we do here. To talk to people who are interested and may not be going anywhere right now. People feel more comfortable visiting when they get to know the church family."
"We have a sweet-spirited church," said Burg.
Programs available at Holy Hills Church include Sunday school, church services, missionary support and educational programs, children's and youth ministries -- including SWAT (Servants Walking After Truth), and a four-year free Bible Institute, where participants may even earn a degree after completion.
A wide variety of local organizations will be on hand to offer health screenings and information on area programs.
West Tennessee Health Care and MedSouth of Dyersburg will provide cholesterol and blood sugar screenings, as well as a risk assessment for stroke, heart disease or diabetes. Those wishing to receive an accurate cholesterol or blood sugar screening should complete an eight- to nine-hour fast before the fair.
"We will have free cholesterol, blood sugar and bone-density screenings," said Burg. "For an accurate screening, people shouldn't eat or drink anything except for water and their medication after midnight."
Flu and pneumonia vaccines will also be available free of charge to residents who bring their Medicare card. Those without Medicare may purchase a flue vaccine for $25 and the pneumonia vaccine at a minimal cost.
All other services at the fair are free of charge.
"West Tennessee Health Care will do a comprehensive history and input that information into the computer to determine if you are at risk for heart attack, stroke, cardiovascular disease or diabetes," said Burg. "And if you are (at risk), they will track you for months to come with free blood work and one-on-one counseling."
Other services and screenings provided include blood pressure, height, weight and BMI, bone density, vision and glaucoma testing; as well as information to be shared on stress management, dental care, nutrition, cancer, CPR and choke-maneuver techniques, smoking cessation, poison control and fire safety.
Local organizations that have confirmed attendance include
* the YMCA of Dyer County
* West Tennessee Health Care and MedSouth of Dyersburg
* West Tennessee Health Care Sports Plus Rehab and Diagnostic Centers
* The Gideons, who will bring free Bibles
* Memphis VA Medical Center -- with information on VA benefits
* Pathways Mental Health Clinic
* Professional Care Mental Health
* Sleep Lab
* Holy Hills Baptist Church -- information on church and ministries, missionary booths
* several home health agencies
* Life Choices
* Life Beat Pregnancy Crisis Center of Lake County
* Baptist Memorial Hospital of Union City
* Dr. Hughes Pediatric Dentistry -- "tooth printing"
* Dyer County Sheriff's Department and Holy Hills photographers fingerprinting children and creating photo IDs
* DFD's Vials of Life program
* Air Evac Lifeteam
* Dr. Cape -- glaucoma screenings
* Dr. Jernigan -- glasses cleaning, glaucoma screening and vision checks
* Med South Medical Clinic -- bone density screening
* LinCare Medical Equipment -- screening for oxygen saturation levels
* Volunteer Home Health
* Ripley Behavioral Health
* Care All Home Health
* C & C Pharmacy
* Wal-Mart Pharmacy
* Sunflower Health Food Store
* Dyersburg State Community College nursing students -- booths with health information
* Tennessee Technology Center -- LPN students with health information
* Amedisys Home Health
* Sleep Health Center -- with information on sleep apnea
* Dyersburg Rehab and Nursing Center
* Dr. Young dentistry
* Dyer County Cancer Care Center
Burg said she has a list of additional vendors who have shown interest in attending or hosting booths at the fair, but have yet to confirm.
"We really want to welcome folks to come out and take advantage of everything," said Burg.