THP to hold sobriety checkpoint on Saturday, Nov. 24Be advised, during the evening hours of Saturday, November 24, the Tennessee Highway Patrol will be conducting a sobriety checkpoint on a state route in Dyer County.
Veterans Day Luncheon occurs at National GuardThough the annual Veterans Day Parade was cancelled due to inclement weather on Monday, the Veterans Day Luncheon continued, being held at the National Guard Armory at 10:30 a.m. Sponsors for the...
- The election is over, and now the real work begins1
- Salute to our veterans: Sgt. 1st Class Nickey Cantrell - United States Army (1986-2011)
- Ginny Parker - United States Air Force (1979-1986)
- George Winters: veteran of Korean DMZ War
- Dr. Joseph W. Wolfe – United States Navy
- DPD seeks help in identifying robbery suspect
- POW-MIA empty chair display established at Dyer County Courthouse
- Dyersburg Planning Commission approves mini-storage site plan
- RhizoKids Christmas Village slated Dec. 8, seeks vendors
- The momentum shifts: Dyersburg’s third quarter propels Trojans into quarterfinalsWith the Trojans ahead by just one point at the end of the first half, Dyersburg got a big momentum swing early in the third quarter which led to a trio of second-half touchdowns to push the black and Vegas gold to a 28-12 win over Crockett County in the second round of the TSSAA Class 4A State Playoffs on Friday night at J.C. Sawyers Stadium.
- Dyersburg Trojan Playoff Bound steak dinner set for Nov. 15 (11/10/18)
- Second half for Trojans was what Stowe has meant (11/10/18)
- Trojans host familiar foe Crockett County in second round (11/9/18)
- Half-brothers Henderson and Russell leading the team in different ways now for unbeaten Trojans (11/9/18)
- Jamborees on tap for DHS, DC Saturday (11/9/18)
- Choctaws dominate second half, Three Oaks girls top Brighton in sweep (11/7/18)
At the Shelter (11/8/18)The number of animals ready for adoption at the Shelter is 71. This number indicates that there is a great need for adopters or those willing to sponsor/foster animals. This number also indicates that there has been a reduction in euthanasia. As a matter of fact, the Shelter has met its “No Kill” goal (10% or less euthanasia). Just meeting the goal is wonderful, but staying at the goal is hard work. The Shelter needs rescues, fosters, and adoptions to maintain the “No Kill” status...
Elijah MallardThis week’s Dyersburg High School student spotlight representative is Elijah Mallard. Elijah is a sophomore and the son of Erica Moffatt. He was nominated for student spotlight by DHS instructor TJ Van Dyke. ‘Elijah Mallard is a hard-working young man who gives his best in everything he does,’ said Van Dyke. ‘He has shown a great deal of growth this year and continues to impress us in the classroom and on the football field.’...
Logan PalmerDCHS Spotlight Student for the week of Nov. 5 is 11th grade student, Logan Palmer. ‘Logan demonstrates excellence everywhere by always giving 100-percent in everything. He is a wonderful role model of all the PRIDE attributes.’ - Mrs. Nancy Medling...
Obituaries for November 11, 2018Thero (Peter) Anderson age 61 of Dyersburg, TN. died Thursday, November 1, 2018 at West TN Healthcare-Dyersburg. Arrangements are entrusted to McCreight Funeral Home. Thero was a U.S. Army Veteran....
Obituaries for November 9, 2018Teresa Marlene Forsythe, age 66, of Alamo passed away Wednesday, November 7, 2018 at her home in Alamo The funeral will be held 2:00 pm on Sunday, November 11 at Halls Funeral Home, 109 N. Church...
Obituaries for November 7, 2018Helen Paige Hale, 87 of Halls, TN passed away on November 4, 2018. Funeral services will be held at the Halls First United Methodist Church, 110 Gate 6 Rd. Halls,TN at 1pm. on Saturday November 10,...
On the Record (11/7/18)Anthony Mark Stephens, 60, and Threase Elaine Oliver Dykes, 67 Theodore Fair, 59, and Alisa Rochelle Davis, 50 Ricky Lawrence Lucius, 63, and Regina Joyce Rice, 56 None granted Eric Wayne Allen-...
On the Record (10/31/18)Brandon Jamar Curry, 28, and Octavia Markell Wesley, 25 Arthur Lynn Newton, 65, and Cynthia Ann Sierakowski Simpson, 59 Jonathan Dale Greenhaw, 31, and Ashley Marie Carter, 31 Preston Alan Bishop,...
On the Record (10/24/18)Paul Gerard Zilch, 62, and Kimberly Ann Igram, 54 Kirby Lee Grisham, 30, and Whitney Dawn Van Sant, 27 Ivy James Childress, 52, and Tommie Sue Childress, 41 William Nash Beasley, 20, and Sarah Leann...
Houses for RentFR: 2 BR.Houses in Dyersburg, NO PETS 731-571-5323
Legal NoticesLegal 11-3830 THE STATE OF UTAH TO Defendants Hi-Tec, Heavy Haul, LLC and Edward Ruff: You are hereby required to file an Answer to a Complaint that is on file in the Third Judicial District Court, in and for Salt Lake County, State of Utah, Civil No. 180905809, Judge James Gardner. Your Answer must be filed with the Clerk of the Court at 450 South State Street, Salt Lake City, Utah 84114 and mailed to Andrew D. Wright, Strong & Hanni, PC, 9350 South 150 East, Suite 820, Sandy, Utah 84070....
Articles For SaleFS: 2- 6 1/2 unlit green Christmas trees very full $20 each, 6 20" green wreaths $3 each 731-286-4120
Legal NoticesLegal 11-3827 NOTICE OF TRUSTEE'S SALE WHEREAS, default has occurred in the performance of the covenants, terms, and conditions of a Deed of Trust Note dated 01/28/2010, and the Deed of Trust of even date securing the same, recorded 02/01/2010, in Instrument No. 20100490 Book 714 Pgs 13-19, in Office of the Register of Deeds for Dyer County, Tennessee, executed by Pamela Diane Daniel and David Kendall Daniel, conveying certain property therein described to Bobby M. Goode, State Director,...
Houses for RentFR: 2159 Meadow View 3 BR 1 BA $400dep. $600mo. non furnished731-445-8807
- Eighteen indicted on drug, TennCare fraud charges
- Dyer County man faces child rape charges
- Dyersburg Board OKs paving bid, indoor shooting-range standards
- Newbern board expels mayor; hearing reveals allegations of voting fraud
- Dyersburg voters elect 7 new aldermen to board, re-elect Holden to fourth term