Like so many Tennesseans, I drive on roads a lot. And, like so many Tennesseans, the conditions of our roads concern me. More so today because I just left the county clerk’s office, trying to renew the tag on one of my cars. That experience left me livid! Especially after blowing a tire at the 133-mile marker on Interstate 40 on January 19. Let me explain.
The Last CLB Meeting of former Dyer County Mayor Richard Hill [August, 2014]
Legislative Coffee with TN House Speaker Cameron Sexton
CLB Meeting 2/12/2024
Building Committee presented with rebids for new firehouse in BogotaWILLIAM NORTHCUTT firstname.lastname@example.org The Dyer County Building Committee met with TLM for information on rebids for the Bogota firehouse. The committee entertained bids from three companies,...
Ukraine-born UTM grad wants to give backSpecial to the State Gazette MARTIN, Tenn. – Drake Box graduated from the University of Tennessee at Martin in December 2023 with a bachelor’s degree in mass media and strategic communication with a...
- Genealogy Group to welcome Reed for program on records indexing
- Ford and BlueOval want us to know they're here and staying here1
- Dyer County Insurance Committee choses to accept Cigna offer
- Power Board OKs hiring of CPA firm, funding for CEO Search Committee
- City Engineer Tiffany Heard tells Aldermen and Mayor about grants and improvements1
- Free community concert to be held featuring Jesslee
- Dyer County Schools seeks mentors, volunteer readers
- Key Corner opens “A President Stroll” at DSCC with nod to students
- McIver’s Grant partners with local agencies for Here to Help Fair
- Early voting for presidential and local primary underway now
- NAACP brings Black History Month exhibit to McIver’s Grant Public Library
- Davis Wealth Services Raises $6,000 for McIver’s Grant Public Library
LIFELINE Blood Services Launches Exciting Promotion: Donate Blood and Enter To Win a ZT ELITE Bad Boy Mower from Bob’s House of HondaLIFELINE Blood Services announces a new promotion! As part of our ongoing commitment to saving lives and supporting patients in West TN, we have partnered with Bob’s House of Honda to give donors the chance to win a “ZT Elite” Bad Boy Mower. All eligible donors aged 18 and older are entered into the drawing to win this powerful and efficient zero-turn mower. ...
Lady Trojans collar Lady 'Cats; advance to semifinalsWith Dyersburg's girls returning to full strength for the first time in three weeks, the Lady Trojans got their journey through the Region 7AAA bracket off to a dominating start with a 82-42 win over Bolton on Friday night in the Terry Glover Gymnasium.
- Trojan Mahaffey is writing his legacy during postseason2
- Choctaw senior Isom is Dyer County Basketball ’s force in the middle
- Dyersburg hosts Bolton, Choctaws face Wildcats in 7AAA opener
- Lady Trojans open Region 7AAA Tournament vs. Bolton on Friday (2/21/24)
- Trojans win second straight District 13AAA Championship (2/21/24)2
- A busy week puts things into perspective (2/21/24)
- Lady Trojans hold off Crockett County for District 13AAA Championship (2/20/24)
- Results from Herb Welch Wrestleplex sponsored by Pro Wrestling Mid South (2/19/24)
- Round three between Trojans, Choctaws will decide 13AAA title (2/19/24)1
- Dyer County cruises into district title game with win over Hornets (2/18/24)
Letter to the Editor
Monday, February 5, 2024
It’s open season on funding for public educationI feel like it is necessary to open this column by first saying that Dyer County is fortunate to house two amazing school systems, as well as a wonderful private school, Christ Classical Academy. It’s also important to note that each of the three schools in Dyer County is accredited and held accountable for student performance. ...
God is speaking. Are we listening?Imagine driving down a dark road in a heavy rainstorm, and your headlights illuminate a yellow warning road sign. Displayed on it are the words.....” BRIDGE OUT. TURN AROUND”. What is your reaction? Of course, you slam on the brakes and plan to turn around from the impending danger...
The IF in LifeLife is filled with ifs. The ever constant dilemma is, “If I do this, what will happen?” People also lament about the past with thoughts of “If I had only done things differently.” Then there is worry about the future with “What will I do if that happens?”...
Who shot JFK and left a chem trail on flat earth? Conspiracies distractI’ve been listening to the podcast Who Killed JFK?, hosted by Rob Reiner and Soledad O’Brien. I wish I could say that we get a definitive answer, but we don’t. The podcast’s weakness? Like all the other conspiracy theories I’ve read or heard about JFK, there’s too much conjecture. One small stretch leads the theorist to flawed answers—emotionally on point, perhaps but not solid and provable...
Thanks to my ancestors for making me uglyLast weekend, my sister gave me a photo trove of our ancestors. Because I’m vain, I searched through them to see where I inherited my looks. Never mind the intellectual or artistic talents that might have tricked into me. I wanted to know which relatives, like me, lacked ear lobes...
Obituaries for February 24Patty Sue Pott Ms. Patty Sue Pott, of Jackson, TN, formerly of Dyersburg, passed away Wednesday, February 21, 2024 at west Tennessee Healthcare-Jackson General Hospital. She was born August 31, 1945...
Obituaries for February 22Priscilla Kay Turner Priscilla Kay Turner, 72, of Dyersburg, Tennessee, died on Sunday, February 18, 2024, at AHC of Dyersburg in Dyersburg, Tennessee. Funeral services for Mrs. Turner will be held...
Obituaries for February 20Deliah Mae Branch Deliah Mae Branch, 69, Friendship passed away Wednesday, February 14, 2024. Friendship Funeral Home 731-677-2673 Priscilla Kay Turner Priscilla Kay Turner, 72, of Ripley, Tennessee...
Public NoticesDyer County Board of Education Is taking bids on dual-purpose paper until 2:00 P.M., March 12, 2024. Information is available at 159 Everett, Dyersburg, TN, 731-285-6712.
Legal NoticesLegal 02-5250 IN THE CHANCERY COURT OF DYER COUNTY, TENNESSEE FOR THE TWENTY-NINTH JUDICAL DISTRICT, AT DYERSBURG PUBLICATION FOR DIVORCE Vickey Geanette Copeland, Plaintiff VS Terry Wayne Wilson, Defendant Civil Action Number: 23-CV-615 Attorney: Howard F. Douglass Address: P.O. Box 39 Lexington Tn. 38351 Publication: February 15, 2024 February 22, 2024 February 29, 2024 March 07, 2024
Legal NoticesLegal 02-5249 IN THE CHANCERY COURT OF DYER COUNTY, TENNESSEE FOR THE TWENTY-NINTH JUDICAL DISTRICT, AT DYERSBURG PUBLICATION FOR DIVORCE Angela Maree Fox, Plaintiff VS Cong Dinh Nguyen, Defendant Civil Action Number: 23-CV-514 Attorney: PRO SE Address: Publication: February 15, 2024 February 22, 2024 February 29, 2024 March 07, 2024
Articles For SaleFor Sale 13 Old Time Country Records size 33's $50. Call: 731-285-7375 Leave message if no answer.
- Trojans win second straight District 13AAA Championship
- Two Lady Trojans sign to play college softball
- Dyersburg State again in the market for an athletic director
- EMS Oversight Committee discusses rises in response times, EMS accountability
- Lady Trojans hold off Crockett County for District 13AAA Championship
- The body of Russian opposition leader Alexei Navalny has been handed over to his mother, aide says
- Warren Buffett uses his annual letter to warn about Wall Street and recount Berkshire's successes
- Israeli officials to meet on proposed pause in Gaza while Cabinet is set to approve plan for Rafah
- Trump enters South Carolina's Republican primary looking to embarrass Haley in her home state
- An attack on a cargo ship in the Red Sea has caused a miles-long oil slick. Things could get worse
- At the Florida Man Games, big crowds cheer competitors evading police, wrestling over beer
- 'Totally cold' is not too cold for winter swimmers competing in a frozen Vermont lake
- Charlotte, a stingray with no male companion, is pregnant in her mountain aquarium
- Caught at border with pythons in his pants, New York City man fined and sentenced to probation
- In this centuries-old English pancake race, 'you just have to go flat out'