Dream Factory Dyersburg Chapter sends 6-year-old boy and family to Disney WorldSix-year-old Landon Matheny wanted to “travel the world in one day” he told his mother. His mother realized that night the only place where you can travel the world in one day is Epcot at Disney...
Christmas concert to be held at First Christian Dec. 4Christian pop artist Stars Go Dim, featuring Chris Cleveland, is scheduled to perform at First Christian Church in Dyersburg on Friday, December 4 at 7 p.m. as part of their Christmas is Here 2020...
- Life Choices presents Flocks for Families fundraiser2
- County, City schools to close week of Thanksgiving
- DSCC to continue flexible instructional model for spring 2021 semester
- Dyer County COVID-19 update for November 20
- Local arts council cancels ‘A Bluegrass Christmas’
- Motorcyclist shot following incident on Hwy. 511
- Tennessee selected for Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine distribution pilot program2
- Dyer County COVID-19 update for November 18
- VFW Post 1972 to celebrate 75th anniversary Saturday
- DSCC alumni Pham, Wardlow honored
- Baker McCool appointed EMS program director at Dyersburg State
- DCHS FFA Poultry Judging Team places 5th in state contest
- Dyersburg boys fall in close game to South SideAfter trailing by three points at the end of the first half, the Trojans (1-1) went on a double-digit run early in the third quarter only to have South Side (2-0) answer with one of their own moments later as the Hawks were able to fend off Dyersburg down the stretch for the 60-58 win in the Terry Glover Gymnasium on Saturday afternoon...
- Trojans, Choctaws set to meet in Week 2 next season (11/20/20)
- Dyersburg tips off season with sweep over McNairy Central (11/20/20)
- Dyer County opens 2020-21 season with sweep of TCA (11/20/20)
- Plenty to be thankful for this year (11/20/20)
- Dyersburg, DC open 20-21 season at home Thursday (11/19/20)
- Let’s hope we get to keep that present for a while (11/19/20)
At the Shelter (11/19/20)There are currently 68 deserving animals waiting to be adopted at the Shelter. When coming to adopt a pet, look through the Petfinder website or the State Gazette and have an idea about which animal(s) that interest you. Make an appointment and wear a mask. The Shelter staff will seat you in our Visitation Room and bring the animals to you. In the Visitation Room you can interact with animals and choose the one or ones that appeal to you...
Antonio GarzaThis week’s Dyersburg High School student spotlight representative is junior student Antonio Garza. Antonio is the son of Lizandro and Samantha Garza. ‘This fall, Antonio has served as one of our new student tour guides. We can always depend on Antonio to be so friendly, helpful, and welcoming to our newest Trojans.’ – DHS Student Services...
Peyton ManersThis week’s Dyer County High School student spotlight representative is freshman student Peyton Maners. ‘Peyton is a great example of a student that exhibits the DCHS PRIDE rubric each day. He is a very respectable young man and always gives 100 percent to whatever is given to him. He comes to school each day ready to learn and strives for success.’ – Mrs. Jessica Murray...
Obituaries for Nov. 21David Allen Crans, age 76 of Dyersburg, passed away Thursday morning, November 19, 2020 at Tri-Star Skyline Medical Center in Nashville, TN after a short illness. His loving wife of 30 years, Cathy...
Obituaries for Nov. 19Rose Marie Anderson, 63, of Newbern, Tennessee died on Friday, November 13, 2020, at St. Thomas Hospital- West in Nashville, Tennessee. Born Wednesday, July 24, 1957 in Chicago, Illinois, she was the...
Obituaries for Nov. 17Glenda Faye Owsley Day, 74, of Dyersburg, Tennessee died on Friday, November 13, 2020, at her residence in Dyersburg, Tennessee. Born Wednesday, September 25, 1946 in Dyersburg, Tennessee, she was...
On the Record (11/17/20)James Connor Lane, 24 Hailey Beth Mullins, 23 Christopher Babe Overman, 44 Vickie Lynn Webster Curtis, 46 Anthony Dismuke Jr. vs Latoya Renee Nolen Dismuke Stacey Peevyhouse vs David Wayne Peevyhouse...
On the Record (11/10/20)Craig Alexander Mann Jr, 27 Amanda Rose Lynn, 26 Dustin Wayne Walls, 30 Tabitha Nicole Staggs, 28 Chase Austin Estes, 26 Emily Nicole Gorman, 26 Adrionna Marie Jones, 29 Lachauna Diane Kent Morgan,...
On the Record (11/3/20)Nickey Leanna Allen - fta/contempt, 10 days, waive cost Brandon L Barrett - fta/contempt, 10 days susp to t.s., waive costs Brandon L Barrett - theft - shoplifting u/1000, 11/29 susp to t.s., pay...
Legal NoticesLegal 11-4424 NOTICE OF SUBSTITUTE TRUSTEE’S SALE OF REAL ESTATE WHEREAS, on May 18, 2016, TERRENCE L. WILLIAMS, by Deed of Trust of record in Record Book 856, at Page 160, in the Register’s Office of Dyer County, Tennessee, conveyed the following described property in trust to secure the payment of a Promissory Note in the original principal amount of Thirty Six Thousand Four Hundred Thirty Three and 61/100 Dollars ($36,433.61), payable to SIMMONS BANK; and WHEREAS, the undersigned was...
Legal NoticesLEGAL 11-4429 PROBATE COURT JASON HUDSON PROBATE JUDGE DYER COUNTY NOTICE TO CREDITORS Civil Action No. 20-PR-59 Estate of Carolyn Mount Pritchett Notice is hereby given November 10, 2020 letters testamentary (or of administration as the case may be) in respect of the estate of Carolyn Mount Pritchett died October 21, 2020 were issued to the undersigned by the Probate Court of Dyer County, Tennessee. All persons, resident and nonresident , having claims, matured or ...
Legal NoticesLegal 11-4425 SUBSTITUTE TRUSTEE'S NOTICE OF SALE Sale at public auction will be on December 8, 2020, at or about 10:00 AM, local time, at the north door of the Dyer County Courthouse, 101 W Court Street, Dyersburg, TN 38024, pursuant to the Deed of Trust executed by Samuel David Ogorman, unmarried, to Craig R. Allen, as Trustee for Ditech Financial LLC dated April 5, 2018, and recorded in Record Book 898, Page 596, in the Register's Office for Dyer County, Tennessee (“Deed of Trust”),...
EmploymentF/T employment. Tuesday - Saturday Apply @ PIG-N-OUT 1610 E.Court St D'burg
Duplex For RentFR: Newly rev. duplexes in Middle City. All new appli. $600.00 rent, $600 dep. No Pets. Call 731-445-8522 or 931-801-6334
- Man leaves $3K tip for a beer as restaurant closes for virus
- Owl found in Rockefeller Center tree could take flight soon
- Illinois man, 81, uses antique walking stick to beat thieves
- Holy smoke! German customs seizes 10 tons of shisha tobacco
- Hoot, hoot, hoot! Owl in Rockefeller Center Christmas tree